Design is new, design is intriguing, design is complex, design is beautiful, design is a constant discovery, design is hard work, these are just some of the thoughts that come to my mind when I think of design. My relationship with design originates from my love with art and the modern movements. Thanks to this beautiful discipline is that I discovered design, and I deeply felt identified when I came across industrial design, as it is a discipline that covers a wide range of topics and gives you a freedom to experiment with materials, processes, methods, and more.
/ hey there!
/ γεια σου!
I’m a Mexican Industrial Design student enrolled at Tecnológico de Monterrey in Guadalajara, Mexico. I’m currently doing an academic exchange at Politecnico di Milano in Milan, Italy. My work focuses on product design, service design and visual communication. My design philosophy seeks to create a democratic design, which is very underestimated and can have a great impact in our society, as everyone should have access to good and affordable design.
During my design process, simplicity is key, to create objects that communicate the concept, keeping the objects as clean as possible. Conceptualization is a key element of my process; I consider it is the backbone of every project. I spend a lot of time developing concepts and portraying my experiences and findings from my research into the concept, to make it personal, yet understandable for an outsider.
1. Attention to detail is a key element in the design process.
2. Design as if it was the last design designed.
3. Conformity is a forbidden word.
4. Show Mexican design all over the world.
5. Think through a sketch, model or words.
6. Communication is key in the design process.
7. Design is done today, not tomorrow.
8. Create timelessness objects.
9. Generate experiences through products.